Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, June 6, 2011

Detox Day: One

Well, I started my day with a bowl of soak oat porridge.
You soak half a cup of oats in half a cup of water over night, in the morning you bring half a cup of water to the boil the add the soaked oats.

Simmer for a few minutes then serve with a quarter cup of slivered almonds, a quarter cup of rice milk and a tablespoon of honey.
Pretty tasty and filling.

Soaking the oats helps them to reach a good creamy consistency quicker than they would without the soaking.

For lunch I had carrot and lentil soup with a side of celery and organic peanut butter and sultanas and an apple.

As a snack when I got home from work I made a fruit smoothie with an apple some frozen berries and apple juice, it was tasty, but not very filling.

For dinner I had a massive pile of bake vegies, some mashed sweet potato and salmon baked with lemon slices.

It was delish! I was a little apprehensive, as the last time I had tried salmon I didn't like it, but I really enjoyed it done this way, with the lemon infusing the fish.

All up the first day of the detox went pretty well. The only issue was between my after work snack and dinner I was STARVING... I really need to have something more filling, maybe some protein, to prevent the dreaded unplanned snacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment