Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Yay!

I saw 88.5 kg on the scales this week!! So happy!
I've been working really hard and eating really well.

I keeping reading online that weight loss is 30% exercise and 70% diet and in the past this is where I have let myself down, using exercise as an excuse to eat poorly, which just doesn't work.
If I'm going to put the effort in at the gym and on the treadmill I need to back that up by eating the right things.

So, this is what I am going to concentrate on for the next few weeks making sure I stick to my calorie intake and that treats are only occasional, not every day.

I don't feel like the top image,
I feel like the little fat kid,
and I am pretty sure that it also what I look like.
I'm still doing the couch to 5k on the treadmill. I got to week 3 this week and geez... It kills me.
The program is:

5 min walking warm-up
1:30 jog
1:30 walk
3 min jog
3 min walk
1:30 jog
1:30 walk
3 min jog
3 min walk
5 min cool down

The last 3 minute jog kills me, I feel like I am going to die!! So, I don't think I will be progressing until I can complete week 3 without the feeling of impending death!!

But, on a positive note, I know my heart health has improved with the jogging. I have to work MUCH harder at the gym to get my heart-rate up to the fat burning zone. Which can only be a good thing.

You can find the couch to 5k treadmill program here.

No comments:

Post a Comment