Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weather and work woes

It has been a tough week.

I went back to work, and have hit a few very, very stressful hurdles.
The weather has been absolutely foul. High 30s to low 40s with over 80% humidity, I'm sure it hit 100% at some points.

The work situation makes me want to sit down and eat a whole chocolate mud cake (and when my co-workers bring cakes to work, you better believe I'm eating more than one slice!)

The weather is SO draining, you wake-up and need a shower, you get out of the shower and instantly start sweating and feel like you need to get back in.
The evaporative air-conditioners at work have just not been coping. They might work for the first 10-15 minutes of the lesson, then there just isn't enough water pressure in the school to go around and they start blowing out hot air. By the end of the day you're sweaty and exhausted.
Then, at home, you have to try and sleep through the night, when the temperature only gets down to 27, if you're lucky.

This makes it very, very difficult to be motivated, exercise-wise. I was getting up early and walking before it got too hot and I had to go to work. But by the time Friday came around, the combination of the draining weather and the stress at work I felt like I hadn't slept all week and just could not do it.

The temperature is meant to fall to 25 during the day by Sunday, and I am taking a break from my exercise till then.

Any way, time to check in with my stats.
As of this morning I weigh 97.5kg.
That is a loss of 0.7kg since last week.
Not too shabby, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it was fluid loss from all of the sweating I've been doing. I have been drinking a fair bit, but I'm pretty sure it was coming out faster than I could put it back in, haha!

Hopefully, when things cool down everything will get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment