Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Back on Track

Well, I did it. I met my first new short term goal. I lost 1 kg this week and now weigh... 89.3 kgs!! ^_^
I'm SO happy with myself! It is so good to feel like I'm making progress again!

So, here I am. I've decided to take a photograph every time I reach on of these goals, so I have a visual record of my progress.

When you're losing weight gradually, it can be difficult to notice the changes in your appearance. So I thought a photo diary of my progress would be another way of keeping motivated.

I've been working out pretty hard with this new burst of motivation. And I am beginning to notice an improvement in my level of fitness, which is pretty pleasing, and also makes me want to push myself further, to get even better.

With my new routine, I get up and do a cardio workout on the treadmill in ther morning four days a week.

I've been doing some High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). Which is workout method which improves your results in short sessions by increasing your resting metabolic rate to burn more fat.

I'm no scientist, so I don't really know how it works, all I know is that it speeds up your metabolism, which can only be a good thing, right?

What you do is combine intervals of pushing yourself to the extreme of your capability and periods of recovery. It should be done at a ratio of 2:1, I do 2 minutes of fast walking and one minute of running. So my work out plan looks like:

  1. 5 minute warm up.
  2. HIIT for 20 minutes (running then walking at the above ratio, repeated).
  3. 5 minute cool down. 
As a part of my goal to get back on the weight loss track I combine the morning work out with a visit to the gym in the afternoon five days a week.

Now that I have reached this goal, it is time to set a new one. One that I can achieve. It's better to set something that you can do, and possibly exceed, than something unattainable that will only leave you feeling disappointed.

So, I would like to lose 5 kgs and I think I should be able to do this at a rate of half a kilo a week.
I should reach this goal, of weighing less than 85 kgs, by 25/12/11 (Christmas Day!).
This may seem like a long way away, but I know I'm no always going to have big losses like I did this week, and some weeks I may slip up and gain instead of lose.


85 kgs is what I weighed when I was in high school. And here is a photo of me in a last year of high school, (I'm hoping that the beautiful velour coat will distract you from the fact that I am about to eat that packet of chips...)

I would be great to be that size again (and eventually smaller). Lets hope I meet this goal!!

1 comment: