Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Breakfast

Saturday morning I thought I would try something new for breakfast, so I had a look around and found this recipe for a low carb, high protein pancake.

The original ingredients were...
1/2 banana
2 egg whites
1 scoop of protein powder (vanilla)
1/2 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 teaspoon of cinnamon

I have been eating it for breakfast for the last couple of mornings and adapted the recipe to suit what I have in my pantry.

I've used Nature's Way unflavoured instant protein powder and, instead of straight ground flax seed I've used Naturefirst Premium Breakfast Booster - LSA mix. Which is ground linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds.

To make sure the mix is nice and smooth, that the banana is fully mashed I mix everything up with the Tupperware Smooth Chopper.



I serve mine topped with a pile of chopped fruit. Yum!



The mix makes just enough for one. It's tasty and filling and a great high protein alternative to the poached eggs I was eating every day (and getting really bored of).

No comments:

Post a Comment